Children’s Sunday Programme
January – February 2019
PARABLES OF THE KINGDOM
- To understand why Jesus spoke in parables
- To explore the nature of God’s heavenly kingdom and what it means to be part of that kingdom
- To understand how the expectation of the final consummation of the kingdom should impact the Christian life in the present.
06/01/19 The Sower (Matthew 13: 1-23)
13/01/19 The Weeds (Matthew 13: 24-30, 36-43)
20/01/19 The Yeast (Matthew 13: 33-35)
27/01/19 The Hidden Treasure & Pearl (Matthew 13: 44-46)
10/02/19 The Wedding Banquet (Matthew 22: 1-14)
“Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” Matthew 6:33
February – March 2019
- To understand mankind’s place and purpose in God’s world
- To understand how sin entered God’s perfect world and how it corrupts people everywhere
- To understand the consequences of sin
- To understand how we can be rescued from the power of sin and its consequences
17/02/19 Creation (Genesis 1:1 – 2:3)
24/02/19 Rebellion (Genesis 2:15 – 3:24)
10/03/19 Corruption (Genesis 4: 1-16)
17/03/19 Judgement (Genesis 6:5 – 8:22, 9:8-17)
24/03/19 Confusion (Genesis 11: 1-9)
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
THE KING ON THE CROSS
- To understand the seriousness of our sin and how difficult it was for Jesus to take our punishment on the cross.
- To see how Jesus’ death on the cross makes it possible to for us to be friends with God.
- To see how the resurrection of Jesus proves that he has taken our punishment and conquered death. He is therefore able to offer eternal life for those who trust him.
07/04/19 The King’s Cup (Mark 14: 32-50)
14/04/19 The King’s Cross (Mark 14: 55-65, 15:1-47)
21/04/19 The King’s Alive (Mark 16: 1-8)
“When the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, saw how he died, he said, ‘surely this man was the son of God!’ ” Mark 15:39