So what should you expect when HPC meets together on Sundays?
There is no dress code so feel free to come dressed in whatever makes you comfortable.
If you are arriving by car, Waitrose Car Park off Vicarage Lane has free parking on Sundays and there are usually spaces. From there it is a short walk past the Charles Hunt Centre into the High Street, and then onto the church building.
The emphasis in all our services is to hear God speak through the Bible and to let his Word encourage and build us up to pray and praise, to give and serve, to lives of total worship
Update: September 2021
We have now resumed our normal pattern, meeting as one on
Sunday mornings at 10.30am
- On entry to the building, via the south door, please continue to use the hand gel provided, pick up an order of service and one of the welcome team will direct you to available seating. The doors will also remain open to improve ventilation.
- On entry, as you move around the building and while talking to others indoors, please continue to wear your mask – it will help you to avoid infection but more importantly it will protect others and especially the more vulnerable.
- Once seated and for the rest of the service do feel able to remove your mask but again if you prefer to keep it in place please do so.
- Live music and congregational singing has resumed, but we recommend that as a congregation we do wear our masks to sing.
This takes account of the relatively small size of our building, the number of people present and the impact of everyone singing together for a significant time and aims to protect those who may be vulnerable.
- At the end of the service do please leave via the north door taking your order of service with you. Tea and coffee will continue to be served in the churchyard. We will put out a few seats for those for whom that would be helpful.
Our regular Sunday Groups for Children have also resumed. A supervised creche will meet in the lounge, Children in Years R-6 will also meet in the lounge. Children in Years 7-9 will meet in the west end and be escorted to The Link (a 2 minute walk away). All leaders / helpers have enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) checks.
From Sunday 19th September, we will resume an early morning, traditional
Communion Service at 8.30am, while from Sunday 3rd October we will resume
a regular evening service / meeting at 6.30pm.
You can also watch our 11am Sunday Morning Service via a Livestream, simply click the ‘Livestream’ button below.