Children’s Sunday Programme
April – May 2017 – Jesus on Mission
- To teach that both our words and our actions are needed to point people to Jesus.
- To teach that when we live for Jesus some people will come to love and follow Jesus as king, but many will try to harm those who follow him.
- To teach that we must urgently tell all people the good news about Jesus so that they can worship and follow him as their God and king.
This series focuses on Jesus’ mission on earth and how he prepared his disciples to continue his work after he had left them. Over the four weeks, the children will explore two aspects;
- Man’s Work – Jesus taught his disciples the necessity of sharing the good news with those who don’t yet know and follow him. Through faithful prayer, action and words his disciples obediently followed his final command to make disciples throughout the whole world.
- God’s Work – The harvest belongs to God, it is his kingdom and he is ultimately responsible for it. He therefore provides all the resources necessary to grow his kingdom and ensure that every nation on earth will be represented in heaven when the kingdom is finally seen in all its glory.
All four passages in Matthew’s gospel clearly show our responsibility to take the good news to all people and yet our complete dependence on God to get the job done.
30/4/17 Living on Mission Matthew 5:10-16
14/5/17 Praying on Mission Matthew 9:35-38
21/5/17 Speaking on Mission Matthew 10: 1-31
28/5/17 Going on Mission Matthew 28:16-20
Jesus said to his disciples “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:37-38